Sunday, May 24, 2009

Anthony ?


Anthony ?

From: Nebraska

TRUNK: Outdoor Products bag


Contents:

- Leopard print Underwear

- 2 Slayer patches

- Pictures from sister’s wedding (one year ago)

- 8 skate wheels. Sizes: 64 & 60

- One empty ring pack (for16 oz cans)

- Court information papers for criminal mischief

- Piece of paper with a phone number (“She bought me dinner and a hotel room once.”)

- 1 lens for glasses (not sure for what stigmatism)

- Stash Tea bag (English Breakfast)

- Release agreement from jail

- Papers from the Oregon Department of Revenue

- 2 travel size mouth wash bottles (one empty, one full)

- Letter

- Toothpaste

- Toothbrush

- Women’s earrings

- 10 cents

- A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson

- 2 bobby pins

- Eyelash curler

- Airline ticket stub, Phoenix to Portland, issued under a female’s name

- Eyeglass case

- Sleeping bag

- PBR 40

- Lotion

- Gloves

- Comb

 

DP: Where do you live?

A?: Everywhere.

 

DP: Are you Homeless?

A?:  No, not homeless, just houseless.

 

DP: Well where did you come from to get here today?

A?: Ummm I think I was somewhere in Hillsboro last night, we took the max in today and skated over here.” (Colonel Summers Park, SE Portland)

 

DP: What are you doing here today?

A?: We came here to meet up with some friends and skate… They’re not hear but we saw that girl, Gina, earlier so I guess it was worth coming down. (motions towards nearby woman)

 

DP: Hahaha ok, is that what the extra wheels are for? Are you getting a new deck?

A?: Nope, just have extras in case.

 

DP: You said you’re from Nebraska originally, is that where you came from last?

A?: No, I was up in Alaska, throwing fish on a fish boat and cooking in a restaurant on the docks.

 

DP: Do you have a job here?

A?: Nope, I’ve been trying but I can’t get work.

 

DP: What kind of work are you looking for?

A?:  I’d like to work constructing but no one is hiring. I want to try and save up money to go to PCC and become a certified EMT. I Figure people will always be getting hurt and dying so it would be a pretty solid line of work.

 

DP: So, as well as seeing an eyelash curler and girl’s earrings in your bag, we also found a plane ticket stub for a flight with [a female] passenger name. Did you two travel together?

A?: Hahaha uhhh no, I think this is her bag. We used to be together but some crazy shit went down with me and this stripper and she flipped. So, I think I just grabbed her bag when I left.

 

DP: Did you have another bag that you left?

A?: Yeah, it was a larger bag that I could put more things in but it got stolen.  

 

DP: What about the court papers, did you get in trouble recently?

A?: Yeah, I got arrested for busting up windows when I was black out drunk.

 

DP: Did, someone catch you doing it?

A?: Yeah, I busted the window of a tent repair store on SE Clinton St.  Some neighbors followed me and waited with me ‘til the cops came. I was really drunk so I just sat there and waited.

 

DP: Since you’re houseless, how important to you is your bag?

A?: My bag is my mobile home but it’s funny because some people have a stigma that you’re just homeless and there’s nothing else. That you’re just drunk, dirty and you suck.

 

DP: Lastly if you could have one thing from your bag with you at all times, what would it be?

A?: Definitely my Leopard print undies… The girls like them, they laugh and it’s alright. Then they say, “get in this”.

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments: