Thursday, May 28, 2009

Kim Brewer

Kim Brewer

From: Arizona  Been in Portland for 9 months

TRUNKS: O’Neil and Roxy handbags 

In Bag:

Bag One:

- Samsung phone (home)

- iphone (work)

- Olympus point and shoot digital camera

- Lexus 250 car keys (she didn’t drive today)

- 3 lists of contacts (for potential members a book club website she is creating)

- Notes from a meeting

- 2 Tri-met tickets 

- Receipt from Best Buy (Indiana Jones movies)

- Receipt for Willamette jet boat

- Bank Receipts

- Eye drop prescription from doctor

- Receipt from Oregon zoo

- Receipt from Urban Fauna

- Makeshift wallet (purchased in Europe)

- Passport

- Glasses (nearsighted)

- Small Knife

- Sunscreen spf 30

- Carmex

- One-dollar coin

- .45 cents in change

- One-dollar bill

- 2 bobby pins

 

Bag Two:

- Portland Trail Blazers blow up stick (from game against Utah Jazz)

- MacBook

- Computer charger

- Chapstick

- Sweet Talk lip balm

- List from Winery

- Old envelops for checks from clients

- Wine regions map of Germany

- Receipt from doctor

- 2 Tri-met ticket stubs

- Receipt from Vineyard

- Receipt from “Living Room Theater”

- Bank receipts

- Receipts from Cha Cha Cha

- Opened and unread letter from bank

- One bobby pin

- Receipt from Plaza Teriyaki

- Receipt from Wall Greens

 

 

DP: So you’ve been in Portland for nine months, do you like it here?

KB: Yeah, it’s very pretty.

 

DP: What part of town are you living in?

KB: I live downtown on the waterfront between the Steel and Broadway bridges.

 

DP: Do you like it there?

KB: Yeah, it’s beautiful. It’s literally on the river and I have a deck I can get out on.

 

DP: Coming from Arizona, the weather most be a bit different for you, do you like it?

KB: Not when it rains a lot and it’s freezing… But yeah, I like it now.

 

DP: Would you say you like it more or less then Arizona?

KB: It kind of depends, I like Arizona when it’s not smoldering hot but I like it in Portland more in the summer, so I don’t know.

 

DP: Did you move to Portland because you already had a job here or did you just come here randomly?

KB: Actually my whole company moved here.

 

DP: What kind of work do you do?

KB: I do web design, mainly web applications.

 

DP: What kind of businesses would you say you mainly design for?

KB: All kinds, but they’re mainly start up companies.

 

DP: Being so close to your work, would you say that you find it convenient to transport everything you need in your bag/bags?

KB: Yeah, sometimes I just bring my laptop but today I felt like having a bag, so I did.

 

DP: But you have two bags?

KB: Well that way I can have regular things in one bag and my laptop secluded in the other.

 

DP: Do you use your laptop a lot for work?

KB: Yeah, I can work from almost anywhere.

 

DP: Is it easy for you to get around?

KB: Yeah, I like taking the max.

 

DP: Where do you take the max?

KB: I take it around downtown a lot and to the airport, but a still do drive a bit.

 

DP: Do you go to the Airport to pick up clients or is it for travel?

KB: I travel a lot.

 

DP: Where was the last place you went?

KB: To Europe.”

 

DP: Did you have a favorite place that you went?

KB: Definitely Greece, It’s really pretty, everyone’s really nice, and they love Americans.

 

DP: Was there a part of the trip that you didn’t like?

KB: Probably Spain, I had my wallet stolen there.

 

DP: After looking over the contents of your bag, would you consider yourself fairly organized?

KB: Hahaha uhh, no.

 

DP: It seems that you don’t have the things necessary for being gone a long time from your home. Would you say you use your bag as a way of just taking the bare necessities from home, knowing that you are going to be back soon?

KB: “Yeah, definitely. It was different when I was in a place like Europe. I’m so close to home I don’t really need to bring a lot of stuff.

 

DP: If you could only have one item from all the things we found in your bags today what would it be?

KB: Uhh, well this may sound really weird but my phone.

 

DP: Which one?

KB: My iphone, it’s kind of a safety thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment